Friday 27 January 2012

MAC Golden Olive pigment

Iv'e mentioned before that I enjoy wearing olive colours on my eyes so when I went to London late last year I saw this it happened it to be an impulse buy but I certainly don't regret it. The colour is a bright dark green than a typical olive colour but I'm still in love.
If you don't know what pigments are they are just basically what they say they are, loose shadow pigment before they are pressed. They can be used in multiple ways; On the face and body these aren't just restricted to the eyes , they can also be used wet and dry and you get a stronger pigmentation I personally think when you use them wet (MAC fix+ or mixing medium is great for this). Be careful when purchasing pigments as some can be harmful to your eyes so be sure to read the box (These are normally red shades). Pigments can be mixed together and if you aren't wanting to buy a full pot of pigment you can purchase sample in little pots on websites such as allcosmeticswholesale this is a more cost and storage affective way of purchasing pigments. Even though pigments are loose they are easily pressed you can look up tutorials on Youtube and find how to do this but pigments are still finely milled so be sure to use a base such as a paint pot or primer ( This also stops creasing and fading).
-Pigment are great for highlighting you can also mix them with foundation to give you a glow. (I suggest colours such as Vanilla, Pink opal and Naked)
Using pigments as blush is fairly simple, you can mix the pigment with MAC strobe cream creating a cream blush. This technique also works for using them as lip gloss, just apply a clear gloss to your lips and gently press a small amount onto your lips for a hint of colour. There are many different ways to use and manipulate pigments but i think i'm going to stick with using Golden Olive as an eyeshadow.
Top- Wet    Bottom- Dry
I love wearing this all over my lid with something like naked or patina eye shadow blended out in my crease. The pigment cost £16.50 and the pot includes 4.5g, this product can be purchased on the MAC website, any stand or free standing store x

No comments:

Post a Comment